CTD Oceanography SRDL (Argos)
Explore how marine mammal behaviour relates to their oceanic environment. Obtain oceanographic quality Conductivity/Temperature/Depth casts.
Incorporates many of the features of the SMRU SRDL tag plus:
- Oceanographic quality temperature & salinity profiles (4 - 12 profiles per day)
- CTD data automatically submitted to the GTS in near real-time
- Up to 50,000 full length Argos data transmissions
- pressure-proof to 2000m
Valeport CTD sensor head
- range: -5° to 35°C
- accuracy: +/- 0.005°C
- resolution: 0.001°C
- range: 0 to 80mS/cm
- accuracy: +/- 0.01mS/cm
- resolution: 0.002mS/cm
- Pressure (depth)
- range: 0 to 2000 dBar
- accuracy: 2 dBar +/- (0.3 + 0.035%*reading)/°K
- resolution: 0.05 dBar
- Retains a continuous record of depth readings (4 sec sample rate), which can be retrieved by bluetooth link if the tag is recovered.
- Also records all individual temperature and salinity measurements (1 Hz) made during profiling.
- Longevity: up to one year
- Size: 10.5 x 7 x 4 cm
- Weight: 545 g
- Volume: ~250 cm3
See the MEOP Portal, the SEAOS Project website and Buiw et al, 2007 (PDF).
For further information, contact Mike Fedak
For details of pricing and how to order, please see our Contact & Sales section.